The Completed Post

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I have not been posting. Why? I don't know. Honestly. I have started about four different posts over the past week, but none of them make it to the end. I have decided that tonight I will click that daunting "publish post" button if it kills me. And if it does indeed kill me, my non-posting streak will be resumed indefinitley.

So I think my back is finally recovering from my nearly-fatal fall (although my bum remains sore.) I am taking only one pain killer a day for the back pain, which is a huge improvement, and have started some light (very light) exercise. Boyfriend would have you believe that I hindered my back's recovery time, but I am moving. I have to lift boxes.. and mattresses.. and tables.. and sofas. Maybe I am a little stubborn. Probably any other week I would have been bitching about moving the heavy furniture, but right now I am just freaking determined to prove that I can. Seriously, I need therapy.

And what did you miss in the exciting world of my weight loss last week? Not much. I was in the midst of that oh-so-special time of the month when a lady's body bloats up and hangs onto every molecule of water that it possibly can. I managed not to gain, but I did not lose anything. All week. I probably should have tucked the scale away for the week, but I have been a once-a-week-only-weigher for so long that I really don't know what my lady-time pattern is. I was curious, is all. I did it for science, really. Probably I should get some kind of award. So anyway, I managed to maintain all week, and then shoot up one pound a few days after, and then drop back down. So now I am sitting at the lovely number of... 194. I will totally take that. These days I am a weight-loss-machine. Hopefully I don't break, I don't think they manufacture my parts anymore.

It has been a long day (and week) and I am tired. I am sitting on my bed in my work clothes, with my black turtle-neck pulled up to my nose and my gray slacks already unbuttoned. I think it is time for pajamas, tea, and bed.

2 comments:

Five Small Meals July 29, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

Interesting that you maintain all week -- I don't. I have pretty weird fluctuations during my lovely lady time. I've learned not to let it get to me.

But then, I fluctuate by about a pound pretty much all the time, even when I weigh myself at the same time. I figure it depends on my hydration, what I ate for dinner last night, etc. Right now I'm at 190 plus or minus that pound. So we're right in there together!

Manda Lee July 30, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

I thought the week of maintenance was interesting too. Annoying, but less annoying than crazy fluctuations I suppose. We are right there together- fantastic!

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP