Fat Latte

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Morning all. Yesterday was one of those terrible horrible no good very bad days. I woke up super sore and moody. I felt gross and did not lose any weight (stupid lady time.) I had no drive to do anything. The coffee b*tch messed up my latte. And then my car wouldn't start after work and is now still sitting outside of the mall across town.

I am going to expand on the coffee b*tch. I love skinny lattes (fat free/sugar free.) Love them. I tend to stop into the coffee shop on a bad day and cheer myself up with 90 calories worth of latte-deliciousness. However, I have this irrational fear that the baristas are going to mess up and use full fat milk and the regular syrup. Boyfriend makes fun of me mercilessly for this. I am constantly double-checking when I order that they heard me say "skinny" and that they do in fact know what that means. But yesterday I was attempting to rise above my fear, and I did not double check at the register. But my trust in this coffee lady started to slide as I waited for my drink, and as she handed it to me she said, "Tall Caramel Latte." My heart skipped a beat and I said, "That is fat free/sugar free, right?" Without skipping a beat she said "No, I did not hear you say that. I am glad you asked." And she started fixing another one. It would have been nice, but she said it in an annoying fake-professional voice.

I waited for my new latte and left the coffee shop late for work and with my irrational fear validated.

3 comments:

Five Small Meals July 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

They can do a skinny caramel? I've just died and gone to heaven! I knew about the skinny hazelnut and vanilla ... but caramel? *Swoon*

You've seriously made my day.

Manda Lee July 24, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Yes they can! I didn't know till recently either (I had been stuck in a skinny vanilla stage.) But my biggest obsession is... skinny Cinnamon Dulce. Amazing.

Five Small Meals July 25, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

I checked their website, and they are now capable of a skinny mocha in most stores.

Mmmm. Starbucks.

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP