Day Fifty

Monday, August 10, 2009

I have officially been on-track for 50 days. Most have been a breeze, but life decided to throw rotting vegetables, rocks, baseballs, etc. at me today. Day fifty was so awful for some ridiculously boring/lame school-related reasons. It made me snarf up two pieces of pizza at lunch today, but luckily I regained my composure and just made the unplanned lunch fit into my day. Stupid day fifty. If I could curse you, I just might. You deserve a wrist-slap at the very least.

Although, underneath all of my annoyance at a genuinely awful day, I am happy. This really is not just day fifty- I have been on this journey since the spring of 2007, but as you may know, it has been incredibly different for me this time around. I healed my inside first so that I could fix my outside. Really today was the fiftieth day of my healing process, and I am proud of how far I have come. For the first time in my life, giving into one of my biggest food temptations did not make me feel worthless and miserable, and it did not throw me off track. I handled it for what it was...

Just some freaking pizza.

So huzzah for today, because why the hell not.

And thanks for being here... You are all seriously helping me make this change last.

2 comments:

Five Small Meals August 11, 2009 at 12:19 AM  

What a great attitude!

Betsy August 11, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Woo Hoo! You're right...it is just a stupid piece of pizza. All your hard work for the past 50 days will not be undone because of pizza.

Way to go! Stay strong!

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP