And I Return

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am still alive and kicking. Although I feel more like I am thrashing than kicking with a purpose these days. I realize that I stopped blogging mid-vacation, but I figured that would happen. I tend to abandon all of my normal daily routines when I go to Minnesota. So how did the trip end up? Not awful. I gave in and drank a lot of wine, and one night indulged in taco pizza with my mother.. plus a few other not-so-seller choices. But I didn't do anything terrible. It was vacation. And I only gained a pound, which came right back off within a couple of days.

I am more concerned with how I am doing now. I have officially been back from the vacation for a week now, and I have yet to fall into my groove. I have not been tracking my food, and not really caring. And although I have by no means gone off the deep-end, I know my patterns, and I know where I am headed. I am trying not to be fearful. I just want to get back into my recent frame of mind. I need to find that strength in myself and excitement about healthy living again. If you have seen it- please ask it to call me.

And amidst all of this post-vacation adjustment, I am dealing with impromptu parties and meals out with friends, and drinks with friends. Why? Well we have been celebrating an engagement, silly.

My engagement.

To boyfriend.

Who shall henceforth be known as... Mister? Yes. I think Mister will do just fine.

I even have the ring to prove it, folks. So I have basically been floating in the clouds since last Friday. It has been amazing. But as I slowly float back down towards the ground, I wonder why the impending wedding dress has not kicked me into high gear already? Well, I guess I know. I have proven over and over again that some distant goal/event does not help me with weight loss. It eventually messes up my mind- I go crazy crunching numbers (and not doing actual crunches) and at some point it breaks me.

So here's to remembering how to live healthy just for the sake of it. And me. And if nothing else, for my poor skin.

I'm getting married!

2 comments:

Betsy September 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How exciting. But wait...taco pizza?! I'm drooling....

All right, bridal bootcamp here we come!

Five Small Meals September 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

CONGRATS!

Wedding dress shopping in some distant future already makes ME fearful and determined enough for the both of us! No need for it to freak you out, too!

You'll settle back in and be on the steady weight loss track again soon. :)

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP