Finally Finally Finally

Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm back bitches. Recently I have had a mixture of good and bad days- slowly getting worse and worse. I gave my recent creeping bad habits a glorious sendoff last night. The weather was gorgeous last night, and the future Mister took me out to a fabulous restaurant with an even more fabulous patio. I had a black bean burger and sweet potato fries (not the worse, not the best nutrition wise.) But I also had a Butter Beer- Harry Potter fans? It was right there on the drink menu- listed as the favorite drink of the wizarding world. And it was fan-freaking-flipping-tastic. There was whipped cream on the top, which sounds odd, but was amazing! I think it would be frighting to know how many calories were in that little number.

All of that does not sound too bad, I realize, but factor in: several cookies, cheese spread and crackers, microwave pizza, yogurt and chocolate chips, and a giant heaping of tortilla chips in the middle of the night- seriously.

I woke up this morning feeling the same. Still not caring. Seriously, I went into the kitchen first thing in the morning not craving anything, but just resigned to making poor decisions. There is not a whole lot of junk food around, so I dug through the cupboards and found myself about 2 seconds away from zapping a giant bag of buttery microwave popcorn. First thing in the morning. Gross! Then it hit me- just smack in the face- that it was starting all over again. And I am so happy with where I am at right now and where I am going, I really don't want to backpedal. So I had some toast and a tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter with a cup of coffee- followed by a giant glass of water. Then I went walking for an hour, enjoying the day.

I think (hope) that I have finally settled back into my groove. And I promise to stop hiding from my blog.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP