Stomach Flu Monster

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hurdles I have needed to jump this past month include:

1. Move to N&Js (the aunt and uncle letting me board for free.)

2. Vacation home to Minnesota.

3. Engagement and week long post-engagement celebrations.

And introducing the latest hurdle...

4. TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD STOMACH FLU.

Yes friends, there is a reason for my recent absence- it is not simply becoming a bad habit for me to abandon the blogging world. I have been down since Sunday with the worst stomach flu of my life. But I am now sitting upright, and have food in my stomach. I think things are finally turning around.

Want to hear something interesting? Yes? Numbers 1-3 on my little listy are all fantastic things, but were challenges to my current healthy lady mindset. Number 4, on the other hand, was awful. Yet it did nothing but strip the weight off me (although I definitely was not doing any form of healthy eating.) Tricksy life.

So I just call them all hurdles. The first three I jumped over with the carefree energy of a kid in the playground (although I banged my toes a few times.) And the last one I just ran straight into. And then fell over on top of it. And realized it had spikes. Which impaled me. And then I was eaten by a stinky sweaty monster (the chubby dragon-like type.)

And that's my story. I am officially re-entering society.

1 comments:

Five Small Meals September 13, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

So sorry to hear about the stomach flu! It's a miserable thing to have.

Hope you're feeling 100% again soon!

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP