Done Yet?

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I read over 50 novels this semester. I have one final left- an essay final. I am going to have to go to the classroom tonight and, in two hours, attempt to regurgitate what I have learned about American literature since 1966 in two essays.

I read the novels, I participate in class, I attempt to be insightful. This should be a breeze, yes? No. Everything is melding together in my mind. Characters from British Immigrant Fiction are entering Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Houses. And, honestly, the South Asian immigrants are not fairing so well with the would-be cowboys.

I read the 12 possible prompts and have plenty to say, but not only within the realm of the class. For this class I have written a short essay on every novel, two long papers, one super long paper, and taken a quiz every week. Is it really not clear yet that I have a grasp on the material? Is this necessary?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP